- Top location in the mountains: only 5 minutes from the cable car
- 3 minutes to the ski bus stop for the Hintertux glacier
- 5 skiing areas in the Ski & Glacier World 3000
- A total of 202 kilometres of slopes and 66 lifts
- Snow guarantee until the end of April due to the high altitude
- Glacier circuit with 60 kilometres of slopes
- Austria’s only year-round ski resort
- Ski room with ski boot drying facilitiest
- Ski school and ski hire in Tux/Zillertal
- Spacious wellness area with 4 themed saunas and a panorama sauna, relaxation room and cosy relax areas
- Vitamin bar with fresh juices, herbal teas, etc.
- Indoor Pool and Outdoor infinity pool
- Fitness room
- Sun terrace also open in winter
- Advice for skiing on the reception
Nestled against the majestic backdrop of the Tyrolean Alps, the Zillertal is a true paradise for ski enthusiasts. Whether you are an experienced skier or a beginner, skiing in the Zillertal offers a wealth of opportunities to fulfil your passion for winter sports.
Enjoy an unforgettable winter holiday in Zillertal. In the Zillertal we have a total of 180 lifts and 544 kilometres of slopes spread over the 4 large ski areas, Hochzillertal, Zillertal Arena, Mayrhofner Bergbahn and the ski & glacier world Zillertal. Whether you want to go skiing or snowboarding, we have the perfect slope for you. There are also plenty of places to stop for refreshments: 80 culinary huts invite you to take a break.
Our 4-star superior Hotel im Zillertal - "das Alois" - in Tux is just a few steps away from the Egglalm cable car and therefore offers ideal access to the Ski & Glacier World Zillertal 3000. A first-class skiing holiday awaits you. The cosy 4 man gondola takes you up to the Eggalm in just eight minutes, taking you right to the centre of the skiing fun.
From December to April, the Eggalm ski area combines with the Rastkogel, Finkenberg and Mayrhofen ski areas, as well as the year-round Hintertux Glacier ski area to form the Zillertal 3000 ski and glacier world.
“das Alois” is not only the first choice for winter sports enthusiasts due to its prime location in the mountains, but also offers snow-hungry skiers, snowboaarders and sun worshippers the best conditions for their skiing holiday in the Zillertal Alps.
After an exciting day of skiing in the Ski and Glacier World Zillertal 3000, sit back and enjoy the soothing warmth. Treat you muscles to a massage.
Discover the impressive Ski and Glacier World Zillertal 3000, a skier’s paradise for winter sports enthusiasts. The Eggalm, Rastkogel, Finkenberg, Penken/Mayrhofen and Hintertux Glacier ski areas come together here to form a unique winter sports resort in the heart of the beautiful Zillertal.
From December to April, these 5 ski areas merge to form the unique Ski and Glacier world 3000 with 202 kilometres of perfectly groomed slopes and 66 modern lifts. Winter sports enthusiasts get their money’s worth on slopes covering an area of over 600 hectares! With its snow-sure glacier landscape, the Ski and Glacier World Zillertal 3000 offers an unrivalled skiing experience. Whether you prefer the adrenaline rush on the black slopes or the relaxed atmosphere on the blue and red slopes, there is something for everyone here. Discover the Zillertal in all its winter splendour.
The glacier circuit from the Penkenjoch-Finkenberg via the Rastkogel to the Eggalm on to the HIntertux glacier with 15,000 vertical metres and 60 kilometres of downhill runs is highly recommended. More skiing fun in one day simply isn’t possible!
- Year round skiing fun: The Hintertuxer glacier in Tyrolean Zillertal makes year round skiing possible.
- Varying slopes: The Ski and Glacier World Zillertal 3000 offers varied slopes in 5 ski resorts.
- Snowparks for freestylers: Freestyle enthusiasts can explore various obstacles and jumps in the Vans Penken Park.
- Viewing platform: The platform at the Penkenjoch offers spectacular panoramic views of glaciers and mountains in the Zillertal.
- Après ski and hospitality: Numerous huts & restaurants invite you to participate in Après ski and sample regional cuisine.
- Ski instruction for beginners: Ski schools are available to teach beginners how to ski during their winter holiday.
- Child-friendly facilities: Families will find childcare facilities with entertaining programmes for younger guests.
The ski resort Spieljoch in Fügen is especially suitable for families, offering a funpark, the fun slope Spieljoch, a toboggan run and wide slopes. Families can enjoy relaxing breaks on the panoramic terraces. A particular highlight is the long, prepared slope to Fügen, which provides the perfect end to the day.
Fun on the slopes, rustic huts, perfect sunny slopes and beautiful side valleys – Zell-Gerlos represents all this and much more in the Zillertal Arena, the largest interconnected ski area in the Zillertal and Salzburg Pinzgau. Fun and action for the whole family are guaranteed both on and off the slopes.
The modern lifts in the resort of Mayrhofen offer action lovers’ access to the challenging slopes on the Penken, while leisure skiers, families and beginners prefer the sunny slopes suitable for carving on the Ahorn. If you like action-packed skiing, you should definitely plan a visit to the Penken. On the other hand, Mayrhofen shows its quiet and tranquil side on the Ahorn.
In Tux in the Zillertal you will find a variety of ski and snowboard schools. They offer first-class training for beginners and advanced skiers.
The experienced ski instructors place great importance on individual support and safe skiing. In the children’s ski school, motivated instructors get the little ones excited about winter sports.
Snowboard fans also get their money’s worth in Tux. Specially trained snowboard instructors will teach you the latest techniques.
It’s best to book your ski course before you start your holiday. We are happy to recommend some ski schools directly on site in Tux.
At the following sports shops with ski hire in Tux/Zillertal you will find the latest winter equipment to make your skiing holiday an unforgettable experience.
The team of experts offers a wide range of high-quality skis and snowboards for beginners through to professionals. Individual advice and professional service ensure that the equipment is perfectly suited to your abilities and needs. So you can start your winter adventure without any worries.
We will be happy to give you a few recommendations of sports shops with associated ski and snowboard hire. We will also be happy to advise you in our hotel in Zillertal about the right equipment and where you can find it.
In this hotel you are more than welcome:
We combine charm and character with warmth and a sense of well-being.